Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thing 11

No, I had not forgotten about 23 things. I purchased a new laptop computer and have been busily working on getting it set up to do the things I need it to do. Numerous challenges have been met and conquered. A big thank you to Eric from our MIS department for helping me get my work Outlook to work on my new laptop. Another challenge was getting Flash to work. My Vista computer had a 64 bit browser, which made it run fast, but Flash would not work with it. I had to install a 34 bit browser to watch the neflin23 thing videos. This took me a while to figure out too.

Finally for the thing 11 assignment. I looked at the four social networking sites and yes I did read an article I never would have read otherwise. It was about toxins in children's shampoos and other toiletries posted by Mommylines at mixx I think it was, I can't quite remember which of the four I was reading at the time. Quite scary considering my grandchildren. However the site I could really get lost in was Newsline. This could really consume me and perhaps be counterproductive. I really have to watch myself when it comes to news stories. I shared a story via mixx about Google Voice which is going to allow people to combine all of their phones. It sounds sort of like the google gmail aggregator where people can combine all of their emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment